Session Start: Thu Jun 24 21:00:56 1999
*** Now talking in #A-Next
*** Topic is 'A-Next #14 "The End" the conclusion... ::sniffle:: '
<Star> let's just do a quick runby right now
<Star> Most of A-Next and Jessica Stark are on Thanos's Dreadnaught ship in outerspace right now... the ship is huge... as in over a mile long and stuff
<Star> The only A-Nexters not with them is Fathom and Shard who will be introed really really soon...
<Star> **********AT ATTENTION**********
<Afterburn> @@
<Shard> @@
<Patriot> @@
<IronMan> @@
<Goblin> @@
<Titan> @@
<Fathom> @@
<Cross> @@
<Miasma> @@
<Star> SCENE> THANOS, HIS HALF-KREE SON GRAIL, THE MERCENARIES WLYDKARD AND ALEXIS, AND THE HUGE OMNIAN, OMEN STAND WATCHING A GREEN GAS SAP AWAY MOST OF A-NEXT'S STRENGTH.  JESS IN HER HELLION BUBBLE MASK, IRONMAN, ARE ALRIGHT WHILE THE OTHERS ARE SLOWLY FALLING INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS.
<Star> SIM START
<Star> ::coughing:: can't... focus..
<IronMan> ::Brings to bear his plasma cannons, opening fire on the group of villians:: Eat this!
<Patriot> ::blinks, trying to stay awake::
<Cross> ::sends out a small flame blast, hoping the gas' flammable then falls unconscious::
<Star> Jess> Iron Man... we need a distraction... ::hits a couple buttons on her wrist guantlet blowing a hole into the floor underneath them::  I have a little contingency plan... everybody in the hole!
<Star> ::grabs Cross:: c'mon... we're going to be outie Cross
<IronMan> ::Grabs a few who can't make it and dives into the hole:: Are you sure you know what you're doing, Jess?
<Titan> ::dives in the hole grabbing anyone who's left::
<Miasma> ::Coughs angerly and decides it's not best to turn into a vapor like form and follows the others to the hole.::
<Star> Jess> I don't go anywhere prepared... I have a couple helpers... +com+ Fathom, Shard... we're making a run for the lower decks... we'll be there in a couple minutes
<Star> ACTION> JESS HOPS INTO THE WHOLE
<Star> Mia... ::coughs:: Pat... let's go!
<IronMan> ::Shakes his head, activating his jet boots:: Well, let's rock and roll, then.
<Star> ACTION> OMEN RUSHES FOR THE HOLE BUT HESITATES FOR SOME REASON
<Miasma> I'm going I'm going!
<IronMan> ::Calls back:: Move it or lose it, Omen!
<Patriot> ::heads for the hole and hops through it::
<Star> Wyldkard> What are you waiting for you big oaf!  They're getting away! ::pulls out a couple blasters::
<Miasma> :::Goes into the hole.::
<Star> Omen> they can't escape from the ship... we have nothing to fear.
<Star> WK> ::aims the blaster in Omen's face who is unphased by the gun:: I oughta
<Miasma> Wait a second... ::metamoprhs into a gel like substance.::((That's better..))
<Star> Omen> ::quickly grabs the gun and crushes it and grabs Wk's other arm:: You are a dishonorable...
<Star> ACTION> ALEXIS SLUGS OMEN IN THE FACE SENDING HIM CRASHING INTO A WALL
<Star> Alexis> Don't even DARE touch Wyld!
<IronMan> That lousy no good stinkin'..::Mutters as he flies:: He led us into a trap! I'm tempted to go back there, and settle the score, right now..
<Titan> You do that Iron Man and we'll make preparations for a nice memorial service
<Star> Grail> All of you... cease.  Omen is right... we'll let them suffer before destroying them.  The phoenix force must be accessed for this universe to be destroyed and recreated.  Thanos.  We must remain working.
<Star> Jess> No time, Iron Man... ::hops down another hole in front of the waiting Fathom and Shard::
<Shard> well hello
<Star> Good.  YOu two stayed hidden long enough.
<IronMan> Yeah, well..I didn't say I was actually going to do it. ::Flies after Jess::
<Fathom> are you alright?
<Star> Jess> That's right... ::removes her helmet:: We're all fine... some gas in our system but it'll pass.
<Star> Jess> We need to stop them and destroy this ship somehow.  ::looks at Star:: And I know how.
<Miasma> ::Metamoprhs back into her flesh form, coughs out of the lquid.:: Never better.. ::hacks slightly again.::
<Star> ACTION> EVERYBODY FINDS THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO BREATH A LITTLE EASIER
<Cross> ::groans and blinks, waking up::
<Patriot> ::coughs, shaking his head::
<Star> ::a small scratch on her leg heals up:: how are we supposed to do that "mom"
<Fathom> ::holds an arm out for Miasma to lean on::
<Star> ::looks around:: Where's Gobs?
<Cross> Can you... set me down please?
<IronMan> ::Frowns, lifting his mask:: So, we're all but screwed now. Anyone got any plans to do this, without getting ourselves killed..?
<Star> Jess> We'll retrieve his soon enough.
<Star> ACTION> A SMALL WHIRRING NOISE IS HEARD AS A CAMERA VIEWS THEM QUICKLY
<Cross> Whatthe? ::sends a flameblast instinctively at the noise::
<Star> ACTION> CROSS MELTS THE CAMERA
<IronMan> ::Flips his mask down, quickly::
<Miasma> Thanks. ::Coughs.:: I hate metamoprhing into water or liquid..  ::Looks up and frowns at the melted camera.:: You think they'd have a bit better equipment...?
<Star> Jess> WE must keep moving... ::checks a guage she pulls off of her suit:: We're nearing a black hole...
<Shard>  black hole? thats not good
<Patriot> ((A black hole...?)) ::blinks slightly:: Not good at all
<Star> Jess> ::starts walking forward:: Fathom... any signs of controls around here?  Monitors?
<Fathom> hate morphing into water? ::grins:: you don't know what you're missing...
<IronMan> A black hole? Oh, frickin' terrific. ::Blasts into the air again:: So let's find a way to sink this boat, stop the bad guys, and get home.
<Star> ::mutters and walks with them::
<Cross> ::walks with the group, glancing around for more cameras::
<Fathom> back down that way we passed several rooms but we didn't have time to fully investigate them
<Shard> well if the ship goes into a black hole we dont need to destroy it
<Star> Jess> not that easy... I worked out that once Grail has accessed the Phoenix he's going to indue it with more energy and contain it long enough to fire it into the black hole... the resulting mix will cause a new big bang.
<Cross> ::blinks:: Ouch
<Star> ::gasps:: everything will be...
<Miasma> A new big bang?
<IronMan> That..does not sound good. ::Shakes his head::
<Shard> a super nova?
<Titan> That's because it's not good, what's your plan Stark?
<Star> Jess> Correct... gone.  He's also absorbed the power of the ruby of cytorak to form some kind of shield around this ship so it's unaffected.... he'll start from square one and Thanos and himself will genetically experient a new race... which will see them as gods.
<IronMan> So we have to stop them from getting to the black hole, then?
<Star> Jess> We're going to stage an attack on them... release the Phoenix... and send this ship into the black hole.  It won't be easy.  They're powerful... maybe too powerful.
<Miasma> Well I can't just give up!
<Star> Jess> And we're good... but we need one more weapon ::looks at Star:: she is it.
<Star> Me?  I just... fight things hand to hand..
<Shard> well mabey i can freeze part of the hull then break it creating a suction
<IronMan> Which reminds me..::Frowns:: You say you constructed her out of an alien metal..
<Cross> Can't we just release the power of the Ruby before he releases the Phoenix Force, and it'll take care of itself?
<Star> Jess> This is too large... even for you Shard.  Fathom... you and Miasma look for a ship... there's a hangar near by
<Star> Jess> We can try.. but we don't even know where it is.
<Star> Wait... what about me again?
<Miasma> The Pheonix force isn't something you can just let out on it's own. ((She still is giving me the easy crap!))
<Fathom> ::looks to Miasma and then walks on ahead down the corridor::
<Cross> Wait... we're small and insignificant, couldn't we get them to show off the power of the ruby, then we could release it?
<Star> Jess> I said your weakness is that you think you're human... all your greatest strengths are in your logic memory.  I can reprogram you into being that weapon... only...
<Star> ::blinks:: I won't be... me anymore...
<IronMan> I've got questions, myself. If she was constructed out of an alien metal..Jess, did you use the same metal your father used to construct my armor?
<Star> Jess> ::nods:: any humanity you have left... will be gone.  there is no other way.
<Star> Jess> No... I didn't.
<Afterburn> ::Stands beside miasma and listens to Stark::
<Miasma> ::Follows Fathom.::
<Patriot> ::Glances at Star.. and frowns slightly::
<Star> ::sighs and glances at the others:: I... guess it was... nice being human..
<IronMan> Okay..That's all I wanted to know. ::Listens to the last part she said:: And that's unacceptable. A robot or not, she's still..well..human. There's gotta be another way..
<Cross> ::frowns, glancing around::
<Star> No... if I can save this universe... if I can help you guys... it'd all be worth it..
<Fathom> ::walks about fifty yards before coming to a intersection:: right or left?
<Star> ::closes her eyes:: I'll miss all of you though..
<Star> ACTION> FATHOM WALKS INTO A HANGAR WITH ALIEN LOOKING SHIPS
<IronMan> This is messed up..there HAS To be another way..::Shakes his head, frantically::
<Fathom> oh wait...I think have hit the so called jackpot
<Patriot> ::faint smile::
<Star> Jess> We have 5 minutes to kill... Claudia... ::walks away from them:: get prepared for the final battle.
<Miasma> Better sence of direction than me...
<Titan> Can't she be backed up and restored later, Stark?
<Afterburn> ::stands around kinda lost and feeling out of place, then sits down::
<Fathom> Do you know how to maybe fly one of these things?
<Star> Jess> I hardly know how she managed to... be like she is... I doubt it'd be possible Titan.
<Star> ACTION> A LASER BLAST BARELY MISSES FATHOM'S FEET.
<Fathom> +com+ Jessica, we found a hang- ::leaps backsward::
<Star> Wyldkard> Like I was going to listen to that stupid Omnian. Ha!
<IronMan> ::Punches a wall:: Damn..::Glances towards Star:: I'm sorry, Star..
<Star> ACTION> THE LARGE ALEXIS GRABS FATHOM'S COM UNIT AND SMASHES IT WITH ONE HAND
<Star> ACTION> WK STARTS UNLEASHING PULSER BLASTS AT MIA
<Titan> Credit it to your genius programming, she evolved beyond the original parameters of her functioning
<Fathom> ::reels his right arm back and slams it into Alex's chest::
<Star> ::wipes a tear away:: Thanks... you guys won't forget me then?
<Star> Alexis> ::groans and grabs Fathom's wrist and twists until there's a snaping noise::
<Fathom> arrrrrrrrgggggg....... ::grits his teeth in pain::
<IronMan> Course not. ::Smiles, behind his mask, making a thumbs up sign::
<Miasma> ::Turns around and metal morphs her arm into a blade, jumping away from the pulser and dives at WK with the blade pointed at the knee.::
<Star> SCENE> BACK AT THE TOP LEVEL GOBLIN STIRS BACK TO CONSCIOUSNESS
<Fathom> :: tries melts into a puddle of water::
<IronMan> ::Stops, listening to the com:: Sounds like they're in trouble. ::Blasts into the air, heading towards them:: C'mon!
<Goblin> ::groans, looking down at his chest:: Ouch..
<Star> ACTION> WK BACKFLIPS BARELY OUT OF THE WAY, LOSING PART OF HIS LONG COAT TO THE SLASH AND TOSSES A GRENADE AT MIA
<Star> ACTION> GOBLIN SEE'S OMEN STANDING OVER HIM
<Star> ACTION> FATHOM MELTS INTO WATER
<Star> Alexis> Where???
<Goblin> ::gets up slowly, staying close to the wall:: Ah, been promoted from flunkie to executioner? ::grins at Omen::
<Miasma> ::Leaps away from the grenade and skids into a wall, looking around.::
<Star> Jess> Go help them... Star... we have work to do..
<Afterburn> ::stands up getting bored and walks down the same corridor Mia and Fathom were heading down::
<Star> Omen> I am sorry... I owe Master Grail a lifedebt.  You are honorable people.
<Fathom> ::flows in a tiny stream underneath Alexis and reforms behind him::
<Titan> ::frowns:: ((What good is a saved world if we lose one of our own?)) ::runs down the coridoor after IM::
<Patriot> ::glances at Star.. waves.. a faint smile can be seen, flies off to whever Fath and Mia are::
<Goblin> ::snickers:: No we're not. We're desperate people. So do I run for my life now?
<Shard> ::also runs down the corridor::
<Star> Goodbye everybody... ::sniffles and follows Jess:: Let's do it..
<Fathom> ::delivers a strong kick to Alexis's back before flying up into the air::
<Star> Omen> ::closes his eyes:: I... did not see you.  Help your friends before it's too late. ::turns his back:: Quickly
<Star> Alexis> oof! ::slams into the ground:: I haven't had a fight like this in a long time!
<Star> ACTION> WK JUMPS MIA AND PULLS OUT A LASERSWORD AND SLASHES DOWN AT HER
<Star> Wk> See ya!
<Goblin> Keep those eyes closed and get outta here. Gonna be lots of explosions big man. And thanks. ::hops on his glider and speeds down a corridor away from him:: ((Find the control deck of this place. And Omen.))
<Afterburn> ::hears some loud noises and runs down the hallway::
<Miasma> ACK! ::Metamoprhs into vapor and rises up behind her attacker.::
<Fathom> ::floats in the air above Alexis rubbing his wrists:: I'm only getting started...
<Afterburn> ::sees the fighting:: No! ::fires a blast at WK as he enters the room::
<Star> ACTION> MIA FADES THROUGH THE ATTACK
<Star> Wk> Nice move kid... you would have made a good space pirate ::hits her with a back kick knocking her down::
<Shard> ::runs after afterburn::
<Star> ACTION> AFTERBURNS BLAST KNOCKS WK DOWN
<Patriot> ::flies at WK, speeding up to ram into him::
<Star> Alexis> Wyld!!! ::dashes at Afterburn and nails him with a thunderous kick::
<Star> ACTION> PATRIOT SLAMS INTO WK WHO BOTH GO CRASHING INTO ONE OF THE SHIPS
<Shard> ::jumps at alexis::
<Fathom> ::circles in the air and swoops down after Alexis to slam his shoulder into the large brute::
<Afterburn> ::grips his mid section than groans and tries to stabilize himself and fire a blast at Alexis::
<IronMan> ::Flies into the hangar, blasting at Alexis:: Rematch time, lady! <<Back, BTW>>
<Miasma> ::Stands up and shakes herself off, metamorphimg her arm and dives at WK again, trying to aim at the shoulder.::
<Star> ACTION> AFTERBURN ACCIDENTLY BLASTS FATHOM WHO IS TOO CLOSE TO ALEXIS
<Goblin> ::flies thorugh the corridors:: I could really use some arrows on the walls here or something! ::laughs, continuing in his search for the control desk, laughing all the way::
<Shard> ::tries to grab alexis to freeze him::
<Fathom> ::tumbles to the floor:: ummmffff
<Patriot> ::starts punching WK::
<Star> ACTION> IRONMAN'S ATTACK MISSES AND CAUSES A SMALL EXPLOSION AND FIRE WHILE WK ROLLS BACK TO HIS FEET AVOIDING MIA'S ATTACK
<Afterburn> ::runs and kneels by fathom:: Damnit! Fathom.. Are you alright man?
<IronMan> ::Flies directly at Alexis, trying to shoulder tackle her::
<Miasma> ::Leaps up and lunges at WK again.:: You're fast!
<Fathom> ::lifts himself up to his knees:: I'll manage
<Star> ACTION> SHARD SLOWS DOWN ALEXIS BY FREEZING HER AND IRONMAN KNOCKS HER AWAY INTO A WALL HARD
<Titan> ::grows and tries to stamp out the fire::
<Star> ACTION> WK BLOCKS MIA'S KICK AND THROWS A PUNCH AT HER
<Star> Wk> Very ::grins::
<Star> ACTION> A LOUD LAUGH ECHOS IN THE HANGAR AS GOBLIN SHOWS UP
<Patriot> ::flies at WK's feet::
<Miasma> ::Tries to grab his fist.::
<IronMan> ::Steps up towards Alexis' form:: Ready for Round Two. ::Cracks his knuckles::
<Afterburn> ::helps fathom up and then looks at Alexis:: You are gonna pay...
<Star> ACTION> ALEXIS'S HAND GRABS IRONMAN AROUND HIS THROAT AND STARTS TO PICK HIM UP
<Shard> ::walks up to alexis and tries to freeze her to the wall::
<Goblin> ::singing and laughing:: It's small ship after all!
<Fathom> you hit her high and I'll go in low...
<IronMan> ::Tries to slam his cupped hands into Alexis' ears::
<Star> Alexis> Can't use the same trick on me twice! ::slams Iron Man into Shard over and over like a weapon::
<Patriot> ::looks back, and shakes his head:: Have a nice nap, Chuckles?
<Star> ACTION> MIA JUST ENDS UP BLOCKING THE KICK
<Shard> ::falls back::
<Fathom> ::dashes forward and dives at Alexis's legs::
<Star> WK> You're good... but this has gone too far... ::pulls out a blaster from his back:: Time to die
<Shard> ::gets up and starts to gather ice::
<Star> ACTION> FATHOM TRIPS UP ALEXIS
<Miasma> Try me... ::Backs up slightly.::
<IronMan> ::Tries to jet free, as Alexis is tripped::
<Goblin> Hey you go one on one with Thanos and see how long of a nap you end up taking! ::swoops down at WK, blasting donw out him::
<Star> ACTION> IRONMAN ESCAPES FROM ALEXIS
<Shard> ::looks over at WK and shoots a blast of ice at him::
<Star> ACTION> GOBLIN JUST MISSES WK AND HE LOOKS UP
<Afterburn> ::runs at alexis and tries to step on her stomach to keep her down on the floor, while pointing his hand at her head:: I will fire...
<Star> WK> What the..??
<Patriot> ::smirks slightly:: Yeah I'll have to try that sometime.
<IronMan> ::Prepares a stinger:: Time to end this. ::Shoots the stinger, at Alexis, attempting to knock her out with it::
<Miasma> ::Dives at WK, her blade aimed as his shoulder.::
<Star> Alexis> What... what happened... I... was on a ship... and everything went hazy... who are you? ::looks at Afterburn:: help.. me...please
<Fathom> careful there...
<Star> ACTION> WYLDKARD CRIES OUT AS MIA STABS HIM
<Patriot> ::while WK's is distracted, tries to kick the gun outta his hand::
<Star> Alexis> ::lip quivering:: please...
<Star> ACTION> PATRIOT KICKS THE GUN EASILY OUT OF WK'S HAND
<Afterburn> ::looks down:: Why should i trust you? After what youve done...
<Goblin> ::backflips with his glider, divebombing towards WK:: Gimme! ::tries to catch the gun::
<Fathom> ::stands behind Afterbrun::
<Star> Alexis> What did I do? ack! ::is hit by the stinger and her eyes close::
<Star> ACTION> GOBLIN CATCHES THE GUN AND WYLDKARD STUMBLES TO ONE KNEE
<Miasma> ::Smirks slighty and rips out her blade and glances at the blood but refuses to put down her gaurd.::
<Fathom> ::turns to watch WK's fight::
<Star> Wk> Can't... beleive this.. ::coughs out some blood::
<Goblin> ::turns and blasts at WK:: What were you saying about dying?
<IronMan> No time to talk. Grab her and let's go after the others.
<Afterburn> ::thinks and then charges the heat out of his hands and tries to create a flame encased shield to trap Alexus in temporarily::
<Star> ACTION> A GRIN APPEARS ON ALEXIS'S FACE AS SHE PUNCHES AFTERBURN BEFORE HE COULD GET A SHIELD UP
<Star> Alexis> You're all going to die!!
<Fathom> ::backhands Alexis::
<Star> Wk> There's my doll... ::laughs and coughs again::
<Shard> ::shoots a blast of ice at Alexis::
<Goblin> ::twirls the gun on his finger:: I like this think. ::shoots at WK with it again:: Bye bye
<Afterburn> ::falls over and holds his face:: Damnit, I knew it was a trap.. Why didnt i trust my instincts
<Miasma> ::Pauses slightly, then quicly turns to back to WK, stabbing at his other shoulder.::
<IronMan> That's enough! I'm getting sick of you! ::Does a spin kick aimed at Alexis' jaw:: Lights out time!
<Star> Alexis> ::knocked down by Fathom and is taking out by the rest of the blasts::
<Star> ACTION> ALEXIS FLIES INTO A WALL AND SLIDES DOWN INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS
<Star> Wk> ARgh! ::is blasted to the floor and doesn't move::
<Shard> i think we got 'em
<Afterburn> ::struggles to get up and attempts to encase Alexis in the shield once again::
<Star> ACTION> THE HANGAR IS A MESS BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE SHIP LEFT STANDING... AND IT'S GOT 8 SEATS.
<Miasma> ::Metamoprhs her arm back to normal and glances at the blood covered on her arm and sighs.:: It's about time..
<IronMan> ::Flies at Goblin:: You didn't kill him, did you?!
<Patriot> ::scowl turns up on his face...:: ((What've we done..? They are going to kill everyone.. but still.. we're not killers..))
<Star> Jess> ::walks in:: No time for shields... we have Thanos and Grail to take care of...
<Star> ACTION> STAR WALKS IN AFTER JESS... LOOKING ALMOST ZOMBIE LIKE.
<Star> Jess> Let's go.
<Miasma> ::Turns towards Patriot.:: Do you want to do this again? ::Glances at her arm.:: It wasn't that fun... I knew it used to be... But these people we can't give a second chance..
<IronMan> ::Looks at Star:: Star..?
<Goblin> ::slips the gun into his belt pouch for safe keeping, looking at Star:: Where have they been? Hey Starbright ::grins mischievously::
<Star> Damage extensive to hangar unit.  ::turns to walk with Jess::
<Patriot> ::glances at Star... and frowns::
<Miasma> I can metamoprh into vapor. It'll save room. ::Glances at Star and frowns.::
<Afterburn> ::stands around looking at the ship:: Hmm..
<Fathom> ::flies over to the remaining ship and opens the hatch::
<Patriot> ::walks towards the ship::
<IronMan> ::Grimaces:: Damn..::Heads for the ship::
<Star> ACTION> A-NEXT LEAVE THE HANGAR AND MOVE UP TO THE TOP FLOOR CONTROL ROOM
<Star> Grail> Soon... the phoenix gun is ready... ::laughs:: I have won!
<Star> Thanos> Seems your mercernarys didn't fare as well.  Don't underestimate the humans.  Omen.. be prepared to destroy them.
<Star> Omen> I don't follow you scurge of Titan.  ::looks at Grail::
<Star> Grail> Do as he says, Omen.
<Star> Omen> ::nods almost painfully::
<Star> ACTION> A LARGE BLAST OPENS UP THE WALL IN THE CONTROL ROOM WITH A-NEXT STANDING THERE.
<Star> Jess> This is it... let's do this!
<IronMan> ::Stands with his repulsors glowing:: Time's up, Grail!
<Patriot> ::scowl on face:: Let's..
<Afterburn> ::stands with his arms crossed::
<Goblin> Stop what you're doing or you'll be forced to beat the hell out of us! ::grins, holding a bomb::
<Star> ACTION> OMEN FLIES AT THEM AND IS HIT BY A BLUE FLASH SENDING HIM THROUGH FOUR OTHER WALLS.  STAR STANDS READY IN A FIGHTING POSISTION.
<Miasma> ::Smiles wickedly, waving her hand cover with WK's blood.::
<Star> I am ready for combat.
<Patriot> ::hovers off the ground a few feet::
<Miasma> :Blinks.:: Damnnit Jess... what the hell did you do to her...?
<Goblin> ::blinks, looking down at Star:: Hey.. when can she do that?
<Star> Thanos> Good... it's been too long since I've.. ::blinks from watching Star punch Omen through a few walls::
<Titan> Hmm, you don't build pop guns do you Stark?
<Star> Jess> She always could... just couldn't access it before.
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL FLIPS TO THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF A-NEXT AND FIRES MULTIPLE BLASTS FROM HIS HANDS AT THEM
<Star> Grail> Be gone!!
<Star> ACTION> MIASMA AND IRONMAN ARE HIT BY THE BLASTS RIGHT AWAY
<Fathom> ::leaps into the air::
<Shard> ::tries to dodge the blasts and tackle grail to freeze him::
<Star> ACTION> OMEN FLIES BACK IN AND TACKLES FATHOM INTO ANOTHER WALL LEAVING A HUGE DENT
<Titan> ::shrinks down and tries to scurry across the floor to behind grail::
<IronMan> ::Gets thrown back:: Unngh..::Slams into the wall:: Okay..that..didn't feel good. ::Stands up, slowly::
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL IS CAUGHT BY SHARD BUT JUST LAUGHS
<Goblin> Hey! Believe me! We'd love to be! Just not how you want us to be! ::jets along the walls, trying to dodge fire and hurls bombs at the control panels:: ((Sut this stuff off one way or another))
<Miasma> ARGH! ::Picks herself up and shakes her head and coughs out some blood.:: ((That hurt!)
<Star> Grail> This all you have to stop me?? ::throws Shard away::
<Shard> ::flies over and hits a wall::
<IronMan> ::Raises his hands and blasts at Grail with his repulsors:: Try this on for size!
<Star> ACTION> GOBLIN'S BOMBS START TO RUIN THE PANELS BEFORE HIS GLIDER IS HIT FROM A BLAST FROM THANOS
<Fathom> ::dives down at full speed to slams into Grail:: not all
<Star> Thanos> You're still alive? Interesting
<Miasma> ::Glares up at Grail and metamoprhs into her vapor form.::
<Patriot> ::starts dodging:: ((That's it..)) ::flies at Grail, slamming in to him, about the same time as fath::
<Star> ACTION> OMEN HOLDS FATHOM IN A FLYING FULL NELSON
<Shard> ::gets up and gathers ice energy:: oooh you shouldnt have donr that
<Goblin> Ack! ::falls to the ground::
<Star> ACTION> PATRIOT NAILS GRAIL WHO JUST SHRUGS THE PUNCH OFF AND BLASTS HIM INTO A WALL
<Goblin> ::stands to face Thanos, one hand behidn his back with a bomb forming:: Come on big guy.. i know you're not gonna let your son rule the universe
<Miasma> ::Floats just a bit to the side of Omen and metamorphs in to her steel form.:: Hi there! ::Does a flying kick at his jaw.:
<Cross> ::glances around, confused then sends a flameblast at Grail::
<Patriot> ::hits the wall hard, falling to the ground::
<Shard> ::fires a full force blast of ice at grail::
<Star> ACTION> MIA'S KICK JUST ANNOYS OMEN... BUT HE LOSES GRIP OF FATHOM
<IronMan> ::Keeps firing his repulsors at Grail:: Come on, ugly! Feel it!
<Star> ACTION> SHARD FREEZES GRAIL WHO JUST BLOWS THE ICE APART IN A COUPLE SECONDS
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL TELEPORTS BEHIND IRONMAN AND THROWS A PUNCH INTO HIS LOWER BACK
<Goblin> ::dives to the side, throwing hiw bomb past Thanos at another set of control panels::
<Miasma> ::Grits her teeth into a smile as she springs off of Omen.:: Come on!
<IronMan> Unngh! ::Slammed forward, and turns, spinning a kick aimed at Grail::
<Fathom> ::Regains his bearings::
<Star> ACTION> OMEN JUST STARES AT MIA AS HER KICKS BOUNCE OFF OF HIS INVURNABLE BODY
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL TELEPORTS AWAY AGAIN AND APPEARS IN FRONT OF CROSS
<Star> Grail> A vampire?  How nice.. ::fires a blast at him::
<Miasma> ::Pouts slightly.:: You're no fun...
<Afterburn> ::looks at grail and fires a blast at him:: Not so fast buddy
<Goblin> ::watches Thanos, using his energy blasts to try and destroy more of the panels::
<Shard> ::runs up to thanos and tries to freeze his hands together::
<Fathom> ::rushes after Grail and throws a double barrled punch at his back::
<Star> Thanos> ::runs at Goblin and tackles him:: that's bad... very bad ::grins and balls his hand into a fist::
<Cross> ::blinks and takes a step back then gets hit by the blast and sent across the room::
<Goblin> Ack! Look out! ::grabs a razorbat and stabs at one of Thanos' eyes:: Or not!
<Star> ACTION> FATHOM KNOCKS GRAIL DOWN WHO ROLLS BACK TO HIS FEET LOOKING ANGRY BEFORE STAR SENDS HIM FLYING FROM ANOTHER PUNCH
<Star> Thanos> Ahhh!!! ::grabs his eye::
<Star> Omen> You... must stop Grail... he is insane... needs help..
<Shard> ::tries to grab thanos and freeze him solid::
<Fathom> ::makes s single leap into the air and lands next to Grail ready to pummel him again::
<Goblin> Have fun, Cyclops! ::tries to run past him and get to the remaining control panels::
<Patriot> ::picking himself up, eyes seeming blazing, flies at grail, shield outstreached::
<Miasma> Grail? ::Blinks.:: How and why should I trust you?
<Fathom> we'll stop him alright... ::raises his fist::
<Star> ACTION> OMEN TURNS AROUND AND FLIES AT THANOS AND SLAMS THEM BOTH INTO A CONTROL PANEL BLOWING IT UP AND RELEASING THE PHOENIX FORCE
<Star> Thanos> NoOOOOOOOO!!!!
<Cross> ::groans, lying against the wall:: If I survive this I don't think I'm gonna be an Avenger anymore...
<Star> ::holds a hand out to Cross:: We must not cease attacking.
<Miasma> Good reason... ::Frowns metamoprhing into her vapor form again, floating towards Grail.::
<Star> Grail> What.... Omen!  No!!!
<Goblin> ::falls back into the wall from teh blast:: Ugn! ::shakes his head and runs at Omen and Thanos:: Oh yeah Omen!
<IronMan> ::Flies at Grail, slamming a fist into his jaw, while he's distracted::
<Cross> ::blinks and takes her hand, getting up:: Easy for you to say, you can heal yourself. ::looks down at his scorched chest:: You wouldn't believe how much it hurt to just stand up.
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL BLOCKS THE PUNCH AND FIRES KICK TO IRONMAN'S MIDSECTION
<Shard> ::shoots another blast of ice at grail::
<Star> ::looks at Cross oddly::
<Miasma> ::Dives at Grail despite her pain, morphing her hand into a spike and aiming at his back.::
<IronMan> Oof! ::Gets hit and quickly tries to swing a punch at Grail's solar plexus::
<Star> ACTION> TELEPORTS AGAIN AND APPEARS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM
<Cross> ::shakes his head:: Nevermind... I forgot, Jess fudged you up good.
<Star> Grail> I have... a negabomb... this ship will destroy most of the universe even without the Phoenix
<Patriot> ::turns to Grail::
<Star> Grail> but I will see you all dead anyways! ::fires another blast at Star::
<Goblin> ::runs over to Omen:: Second time you saved my life. I owe you y'know.
<Star> ACTION> OMEN DOESN'T MOVE.
<Shard> ::gathers ice energy::
<Miasma> ::Glares at grail, holding her side.::
<Cross> ::grits his teeth:: No! ::tries pushing Star out of the way::
<Goblin> Or... not.. ::looks over to Thanos::
<Star> ACTION> JESS JUMPS IN FRONT OF THE BLAST AND IS HIT
<Fathom> oh no... ::flies over to Jess::
<Star> Jess> ::cries out and falls to her hands and knees:: no...worries Cross... I got it..
<Star> Jess> ::through gritted teeth:: Stop him...
<Miasma> Damn...
<IronMan> ::Tries flying into Grail:: No! You murdering bastard! ::Tries slamming punch after punch into Grail::
<Star> ::kneels next to Jess::
<Star> ACTION> IRON MAN'S PUNCHES CONNECT THIS TIME
<Star> Grail> oof!
<Star> Grail> ::fires a stray blast that hits the ceiling above him::
<Star> ACTION> THE CEILING STARTS TO GIVE WAY ABOVE IRONMAN AND GRAIL
<Cross> ::kneels by Jess:: You'll be alright... ::coughs, wincing and tries ignoring the blood coming from his mouth::
<IronMan> ::Tries to jet out of the way:: Later, loser.
<Star> ACTION> THE CEILING CRASHES DOWN ON GRAIL.  LEAVING ONLY MASS OF STEEL AND SPARKS.
<Fathom> ::winces at the fate of Grail::
<Star> Jess> ::coughs:: this ship... is going to blow up... we have to put it through the black hole..
<Goblin> Whoa! Look out! ::tries to form his glider but it just flickers and fades:: Overloaded the generators.. ::looks up at where Grail is::
<Star> ::blinks:: not...what.. guys...?
<Miasma> ::Coughs up some blood and glances at the pile of steel.::  Kid..?
<Cross> Now... ::looks at what was Grail:: just in case ::sends a large flameblast at the steel to try and melt it into a solid blob::
<Star> Mia!
<Star> ACTION> CROSS MELTS THE REST OF THE METAL ON GRAIL
<Star> I'm back..? ::looks at Jess::
<Patriot> ::glances back at Star...:: ((Guys?))
<Cross> ::looks to Jess:: Somebody get her, as she said, we've gotta go...
<Star> Jess> ::small smile creeps on her face:: I... ::coughs again this time with blood coming out:: am god..
<IronMan> ::Walks over to Jess:: You okay, Jess? ::Glances at Star:: Good to have you back.
<Star> Jess> good... sorry..
<Star> Jess> You've got to go... I'm not going to make it this time..
<Miasma> ::Bites her lip and glances around.::
<Star> Jess> and someone needs to pilot this ship into the black ::coughs:: hole..
<Star> No..
<IronMan> You're not serious..::Blinks::
<Star> ::goes to help Jess up:: What if the bomb is a dud?
<Star> Jess> can't take that chance..
<Miasma> ...
<Star> Jess> ::uses her remaining strength to get to a control panel:: Pym...
<Star> Jess> This.. ::coughs:: is your team now... don't let me down..
<Titan> ::returns to normal size over by jess:: I'm right here
<Star> ....Jessica..?
<Star> Jess> ::looks at Star:: ...yes?
<Star> ::hugs her:: Thank you..
<Star> Jess> ::ackward look on her face before slowly hugging back:: ...
<Goblin> ::looks around, kneeling by Omen:: As close as we are.. the ship could be pulled in on its own though.. ::Watches them::
<Star> Jess> ::coughs:: go... not much time left..
<IronMan> Jess..I know we always didn't see eye to eye on things..but it was a pleasure knowing you. ::Nods:: Good luck.
<Cross> ::frowns:: I'm sorry Jessica... I tried getting you back on the team... ::looks away then starts to the door::: ((Braver than all of us...))
<Star> Jess> ::nods::
<Shard> ::starts to the hanger::
<Star> Jess> Just... want you all to know... I've been hard on all over you... but in truth... Claudia... and you... all of you on this team... are the best things I've ever created... and I can die knowing I did something right for once... thank you... all of you..
<Patriot> ::takes one last look at Jess and heads to the hangar::
<Titan> I. . ::frowns:: I'm at a loss for words for the first time in my life. There has to be something I can do for you Jess. . ::gets all misty eyed under his helmet::
<Star> Jess> ::quickly wipes a tear away and turns to face the control panel with a determined look:: Tell me father goodbye also...and I'll always be with him... and all of you.
<Goblin> ::reluctantly lets go of Omen's arm and stands up:: Bye Jessica. Never called you that before. ::grins, and backs out of the room::
<Miasma> ::Frowns and turns around quietly, limping towards the hanger.:: I'm sorry Jess...
<Fathom> ::stands in the background remaining silent::
<Star> ::watches her and runs for the hangar::
<IronMan> ::A tear falls beneath his mask:: Goodbye, my friend..::Turns and heads for the hangar::
<Star> Jess> Fathom... please... go with them.. ::coughs harder::
<Fathom> ::turns and follows the others::
<Cross> ::follows the rest, silently except for a few coughs here and there:: Anybody know where I can find a good doctor?
<Star> We'll worry about that when we get back... let's go! ::grabs Cross's arm and keeps heading for the hangar::
<Star> ACTION> SHARD FINDS THE SPACECRAFT AND CLIMBS IN
<IronMan> ::Jets towards the hangar::
<Miasma> ::Grumbles quietly.:: Death really isn't that much fun anymore...
<Star> ACTION> THE TEAM GETS INTO THE CRAFT BUT THERE ISN'T AN OPENING TO FLY INTO TO
<Titan> ::backs away slowly then turns and rushes after everyone else towards the hangar::
<Shard> ::waits for the rest of them::
<Goblin> ::pulls his cowl around him tighter, hiding the burnt circuitry on his chest and other parts::
<Cross> ::walks with Star:: Great... now what?
<Shard> ill get it
<Shard> ::jumps out freexing the wall::
<Star> Jess> ::grumbles:: ...wish I can take some of this back home... ::punches some buttons and the ship slowly moves for the black hole as the steel starts to glow where Grail was::
<Shard> ::gets back in::
<IronMan> Maybe I can bust open a hole with a repulsor blast..
<Star> Take out the wall!
<Star> Hurry!
<Shard> itll shatter
<IronMan> ::Pokes his head out of the jet and blasts the wall with full powered repulsors::
<Star> Punch it then!
<Miasma> ::Tries metamorph to speed herself up into the jet.:: ((Pain.. it turns to metamorph...))
<Star> ACTION> THE WALL IS BLOWN OUT AND ENDLESS SPACE IS IN FRONT OF THEM AS EVERYTHING STARTS TO GET SUCKED OUT
<IronMan> Everyone in the jet! ::Climbs back in::
<Shard> i cant breath in space
<Shard> ::already in::
<Star> ACTION> THE TEAM IS IN THE SPACE CRAFT AS IT'S HURLED INTO SPACE AND STARTS ROLLING AROUND AND SLOWLY GLIDING TOWARDS THE BLACK HOLE
<Star> umm... should start this thing...like soon!
<Star> ACTION> GRAIL BLASTS OUT OF THE METAL AND GRINS AT JESS
<Cross> Oh, this' just great... ::winces:: Mind not having it be so bumpy? There are some wounded people here!
<IronMan> ::Goes over to the controls and hits the ignition button:: We are out of here, A-Next!
<Star> Grail> I... can't be beat... ::eyes widen:: what are you doing..??
<Star> ACTION> THE CRAFT SLOWLY PULLS AWAY FROM THE BLACKHOLE
<Goblin> ::stumbles into the craft and slumps down, pulling his cape around him more:: ((Power's fading...)) ::breathes heavier::
<Miasma> Yeah, yeah.. hurry it up! Don't let her death... Dammnit! GUYS!
<Star> Jess> what I do best Grail... win.. ::pushes a button::
<Star> ACTION> THE DREADNAUGHT FLIES STRAIGHT INTO THE BLACK HOLE AND AND EXPLODES... BUT THE EXPLOSION IS SUCKED INTO THE BLACK HOLE
<Star> ::watches the explosion and wipes some tears away:: goodbye...
<IronMan> ::Watches the explosion on the viewscreen, sighing::
<Miasma> Thank god... ::Sighs and leans back on her seat, biting her lip.:: I thought for a moment there...
<Star> ACTION> EARTH IS QUICKLY SHOWING UP ON A RADAR
<Star> Titan...? ::looks at him:: now..what?
<Goblin> ::says quietly to himself:: had a few more things to call her.. ::slumps against the wall, hiding in his own cape and cowl:: ((Can't let them see..))
<Miasma> How about going to a hostpial and bumm offa them for a while?
<Star> ::smirks slightly at Mia::
<Cross> ::mutters some words he can't mention and straps himself in, despite the fact that the straps press against his wounds::
<Star> ::looks at Cross:: Are you going to be all right?
<Titan> ::smirks:: I agree Mia, I think we've earned it
<Cross> ::looks at the straps, wincing and nods:: I'll be... fine
<IronMan> ::Keeps staring out at the stars, not talking::
<Star> ::looks at the earth:: kinda... pretty isn't it..
<Fathom> I just need...a nice long swim ::frowns::
<Goblin> Any chance of landing near New York? ::stays hidden::
<IronMan> Yeah..Pretty..::Sighs::
<Star> and Jess saved it.. ::blinks some more tears:: Think we owe it to her to keep it that way..
<Star> ::smiles slightly at Cross:: WE'll get you looked at right away... just hold on.
<IronMan> You're right..we've got a big future to work up to..
<Cross> ::nods weakly to Star:: I've got a bad feeling this' gonna get worse on re-entry...
<Miasma> Yeah... she had a twisted way of doing things. ::Coughs and wipes her hand aganist her fighting suit.::
<Patriot> ::glances at the others, keeping silent::
<Goblin> ::stands up slowly, stumbling to the back of the ship, breathing strangely:: ((Need to go...home))
<Star> think we'll be fine... it's made for landing through atmosphere... Jess made me download it into my memory...
<Star> ACTION> THE SHIPS FLIES INTO THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE AS THE SUN SLOWLY FALLS UNDER THE HORIZON.
<Cross> I mean if it's bumpy at all... ::looks down at the straps which're already somewhat slick with blood::
<Star> ::kisses Cross on the cheek:: just hold on.. think we're all in store for a new start... things will be just fine..
<Star> ::smiles at the rest of them:: we're A-next... we're always going to be fine.
<Shard> ::sits there being quiet::
<Star> know this might be kinda... corny but... ::holds her hand out:: how about a little team unity thing?
<Cross> I've been wondering... shouldn't we be calling ourselves what we are? Avengers/
<Star> ::smiles slightly::
<Goblin> ::straps himself in at the back, with the cap covering a-next and laughing quietly::
<IronMan> ::Puts his hand in:: Corny..yet appropriate. ::Smiles slightly beneath his mask::
<Star> c'mon guys... know I'm just ripping this off from the Fantastic Four.. but..
<Patriot> ::stands and puts his hand in::
<Shard> umm i dont think i should i sorta freeze stuff by accedent
<Miasma> ::Rolls her eyes for a moment and sighs.:: Yeah, I suppose so.... ::Puts her hand in too.::
<Star> so put it on Iron Man's hand.
<IronMan> ::Snickers:: Oh, thanks.
<Star> ::looks at Gobs, Cross, Titan, and Fathom:: Well..?
<Titan> ::smirks and puts his hand in::
<Shard> oh ok ::gets up and puts his hand on ironmans freezing it by accedent::
<Fathom> ::smiles slightly and places his hand in the pile::
<Miasma> If I did it it can be that stupid...
<Cross> ::puts his hand on Mia's:: Avengers, not A-Next... it's more appropriate for Jessica to know that we ended up what the world needed.
<IronMan> ::Mutters:: When this is over I'm gonna hurt you, Shard.
<Goblin> ::stumbles forward, putting his green hand in with the cape coverign most of his arms still::
<Shard> umm ooops
<Star> hehe..this is cool
<Star> ACTION> STAR SMILES AT THEM AS THE SHIP SLOWLY GLIDES INTO NEW YORK RIGHT INTO THE SUN'S BRIGHT LIGHT.
<Star> *********END SIM*******
  1