Session Start: Thu Jul 01 20:18:21 1999
*** Now talking in #A-Next
*** Eclipse changes topic to '=A= X-World Presents: A-Next, "The Problem With Prophecies, I: Housewarming" =A= A-Next: Vol. 1, No. 15, July 1, 1999'
* Titan *********>AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!<*********
<Dawn> @@
<Shard> @@
<Afterburn> @@
<IronMan> @@
<Shriek> @@
<Star> @@
<Goblin> @@
<Gambit> @@
<AmericanDream> @@
<Titan> *********>SIM BRIEF<*********
<Titan> LAST TIME, A-NEXT DEFEATED THANOS AND GRAIL BUT LOST JESSICA IN THE INSUING EXPLOSION AND ABSORPTION INTO THE BLACK HOLE. THE TEAM ESCAPED IN A "LIBERATED" ALIEN CRAFT, THAT IRON MAN PILOTED EXPERTLY INTO A REMOTE SUBURBAN AREA JUST OUTSIDE NEW YORK.
<Titan> *********>PRELUDE<*********
<Titan> DATE> TUESDAY, JUNE 20, 2017; 3:19PM EDT
<Titan> SCENE> THE DANGER ROOM, XAVIER INSTITUTE: WESTCHESTER (THE X-MANSION). A SPOOKY GRAVEYARD SCENE AT NIGHT. DAWN AND GAMBIT ARE ENGAGED IN STAFF COMBAT WHILE ROGUE WATCHES FROM THE CONTROL ROOM.
<Dawn> ::swings her staff at gambit::
<Gambit> ::grin, as he is blocking about everything he throws at her::  Try an' up de ante, petite
<Titan> ACTION> GAMBIT NOTICES AN OPEN GRAVE BEHIND DAWN THAT GOES UNNOTICED BY HER
<Dawn> ::swings at gambit again, harder this time::
<Gambit> ::swings his staff as her midsection, not too hard, and just slow enough that she'd be able to block it::
<Dawn> ::attempts to block gambit's staff::
<Titan> ACTION> DAWN IS KNOCKED OFF BALANCE AND FALLS BACKWARD INTO AN OPEN GRAVE, WHEN SHE HITS BOTTOM THE WORLD GOES DARK AS THE EMPTY COFFIN SLAMS SHUT.
<Titan> *********>PRELUDE END<*********
<Titan> *********>SIM START<*********
<Titan> DATE> TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2017; 8:27AM EDT
<Titan> SCENE> A FIELD, JUST OUTSIDE A SMALL SUBURBAN AREA ALL BUT DESERTED BECAUSE OF MORNING COMMUTERS
<Star> ::skips around smiling:: Whee!  I love Earth!
<Goblin> ::hangs back, seperate from the group and mostly out of sight as he tears apart his cape:: ((Can't believe this. Gotta hide it all until I can get fixed up.)) ::uses the torn pieces from his cape as bandages, wrapping them around the damaged areas of his suit:: ((Just looks like I'm hurt..))
<Patriot> ::Glances at Star and smiles slightly::
<IronMan> ::Looks around, pulling his jacket around him:: It IS good to be back..
<Shard> ::walks along::
<AmericanDream> ::sighs and stands up::
<Afterburn> ::crosses his arms and looks at IM:: I agree with you 100% there buddy ::grins and smells the fresh polutted air::
<Titan> ::looks around:: We need to get this ship out of here before we attract undo attention.. Unless of course we were already tagged by sattelite on the way into orbit.. ::frowns::
<Star> Who cares about that... we're alive, aren't we? ::smirks::
<Goblin> ::ties the last bandage tightly around his forearm and walks out to join the others:: Where are we headed?
<Star> an ice cream shop I hope ::smiles::
<Titan> ACTION> 2 LONG, SLEEK, BLACK LIMOS WITH TINTED WINDOWS PULL UP FLANKING EITHER SIDE OF THE SPACECRAFT. OUT OF THE LIMO NEAREST TO THE GROUP EMERGES A SLINDER, GREY HAIRED MAN WHO LOOKS INCREDIBLY YOUTHFUL FOR SOMEONE OF HIS OBVIOUS YEARS. A YOUNG MAN WITH DARK PURPLE SHOULDER LENGTH HAIR ABOUT 19 IS AT HIS SIDE AND THEY ARE FLANKED BY TWO LARGE PHYSICALLY IMPOSING GUARDS WITH HEADSETS AND SHADES. ALL 4 ARE DRESSED IN EXPENSIVE DARK COLORED SUITS.
<AmericanDream> ::watches the others solemnly for a moment::
<IronMan> Yeah..most of us, are..::Sighs, slightly::
<Afterburn> ::blinks:: Umm, hmm..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::eyes each member of the group with a stare that seems to burn through their souls, then looks to his watch:: You're right on time.
<AmericanDream> ::glances up at the men, her eyes narrowing and her expression turning grim::
<IronMan> ::Puts his hand to his medallion:: Excuse me?
<Goblin> ::grabs one of his razorbats:: ((Only thing I got..)) ::narrows his eyes on the men:: Who are you?
<Patriot> ::glances at the limos.. then the people that step out of the limos::
<Shard> were on time? for what?
<Star> ohhh no.. we just go back from space and we need a break!  Right guys?
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::smiles:: I am Nathaniel T. Fitzsimmons, perhaps you've heard of me? ::waves his hand cutting off anyone before they can reply:: No matter, it's time we were off anyway. ::puts his arm around the purple-haired boy's shoulders:: Oh but where is my head? This is my son, Kelvyn Fitzsimmons.
<Titan> Kel> ::waves slightly, attention obviously elsewhere::
<Afterburn> ::blinks:: Wha??
<AmericanDream> Off..?
<Shard> and were on time for what?
<Star> wait a second... why should we go on another life-threatening mission?  I just want a milkshake ::pouts::
<Goblin> ::grips the bat firmly:: I don't think you're going my way, Nate.
<IronMan> Off? Just who do you think you are?! ::Grips his medallion:: ((Can't change, without giving away, my identity..))
<Titan> ACTION> THE AIR AROUND THE FIELD CRACKLES WITH ENERGY; A PURPLE GLOWING BALL OF IT CONGREGATES AROUND THE ALIEN CRAFT AND IT DISAPPEARS. KEL SLUMPS OVER IN FITZSIMMONS' ARMS AND IN A BRILLIANT BURST OF PURPLE LIGHT, HE AND THE INJURED MEMBERS OF A-NEXT VANISH (THAT BEING ANYONE WHO'S NOT HERE AND GOBLIN).
<AmericanDream> ::looks up, her expression becoming cold:: Bring them back. now.
<IronMan> ::Crouches in an attack position:: What do you think you're doing?!
<Titan> ::blinks:: What did you do to them, Fitzsimmons!?
<Patriot> Where did they..? Where'd you take them?!
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::looks at his watch, smiles, and thinks aloud:: We're making excellant time in this venture. ::looks around at the shocked and confused faces:: Oh, fear not, your friends are safe. I had them transported to your new medical laboratory for treatment.
<AmericanDream> ::raises her disc launcher at Fitzsimmons' head::
<Shard> ::looks around::
<Star> and when do I get a milkshake... and where are my buddies?
<AmericanDream> Fear not..I want some answers..and I mean now.  My patience is worn thin.
<Titan> Our new medlab? Mr. Fitzsimmons, are you in total control of all your faculties?
<Star> Faculties?
<AmericanDream> ::shakes her head:: We're not your pets that you can drag along and do with what you like.
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> He's implying that I'm insane Ms. Connor. ::smirks:: Oh, Mr. Pym, you're such a funny man, and a brilliant one at that which is why I've seen to it that you have a fully equipped facility at you disposal, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Shall we be off?
<Afterburn> ::raises a brow and opens his mouth with a confused look:: New facilities?
<IronMan> Hey, A-Next isn't just a group you can buy off! ::Steps forward, prepared to slug Fitz::
<Shard> be off where?
<Star> just... how many bathrooms are going to be there?  And is there a pool?  Maybe a really really big holo-vid? ::smiles::
<Titan> We don't need your handouts Mr. Fitzsimmons, we're more than capable of providing for ourselves
<Star> errr... right Iron Man... not us ::kind of frowns::
<AmericanDream> ::glances at IM:: Back down kid.  That's not going to get us answers.  Only more trouble that we dont need
<IronMan> ::Shoots a quick glare at Star:: Ixney on the Ronie Anme.
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::smiles at dream:: Ahh, the voice of reason. So shall we? ::motions to the limos::
<Star> ::blinks:: What?  Your name's not Ronnie it's..
<AmericanDream> ::gives Fitzsimmons a slight harsh look and nods at the others, getting into the limo::
<Afterburn> ::thinks to himself:: ((Hm, a new place to crash sounds nice, maybe a nice pool, my own room..))
<Shard> you still havent answered my question where are we going?
<IronMan> Terry. ::Mutters under his breath, and steps into the limo::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Why, we're going home of course. ::smirks and gets back into the limo::
<Patriot> ::gets into a limo::
<Shard> home so you bringing me to Toronto?
<AmericanDream> ::takes a seat by Fitzsimmons:: If this is some kind of hoax..I'll deal with you personally..::smiles slightly::
<Shard> ::walks to a limo::
<Star> errr... you just said your name you know ::hops in the limo and bounces on the seat a couple times:: soo... the others are all right?
<Titan> *********>INTERLUDE<*********
<Titan> SCENE> FITZSIMMONS' TOWER, THE TOP SECRET EXPERIMENTAL LABORATORY OF NATHANIEL FITZSIMMONS. GOBLIN IS SECURED TO A TABLE AS A GROUP OF ANDROIDS WORK ON REPAIRING HIS SUIT, HE IS STILL FULLY CONSCIOUS YET APART FROM THE DROIDS ALL HE CAN SEE IS A FEW FLASHING LIGHTS ON A PANEL IN THE DISTANCE.
<Goblin> Get off me!! Arggh!! ::struggles to get free or at least get some freedom of movement::
<Titan> ACTION> GOBLIN FINDS THAT HE CAN'T GET FREE AND THAT HE CAN BARELY MOVE
<Titan> ACTION> STATIC CRACKLES AS THE COM SYSTEM COMES ON
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> +com+ How're the repairs coming Boris?
<Goblin> ::strains, trying to reach his belt and grab a razorbat to slice himself free:: Gonna kill ya.. Ohhhh yeah.. gonna kill your boss to. ::starts laughing, hoping to have some effect on anyone in the room::
<Titan> ACTION> SINCE THE ONLY "PEOPLE" IN THE ROOM ARE ANDROIDS THE LAUGH HAS NO EFFECT
<Titan> ACTION> A MALE HUMANOID HOLOGRAM EMITTING A SOFT ORANGE GLOW APPEARS BEHIND GOBLIN, HE IS LOOKING OFF IN THE DISTANCE TO WHERE THE BLINKING PANEL IS, AND IS APPARENTLY SUPERVISING THE WORK OF THE DROIDS.
<Titan> Boris> Faster than expected, sir, but the damage is too extensive..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> +com+ What're you saying man?
<Titan> Boris> We'll have to remove the mask in order to affect repairs.
<Goblin> Aggg!! ::tries desperately to reach a bat, looking from the hologram to the control panel::
<Titan> *********>INTERLUDE END<*********
<Titan> *********>INTERLUDE2<*********
<Titan> SCENE> OUR MOTHER OF MERCY HOSPITAL, THE ROOM OF ONE SPECIAL, COMATOSE "JOHN DOE" WHO WAS BROUGHT LATE LAST NIGHT AFTER EBING INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT
<Titan> Nurse> Poor young man.. ::checks the machinery::
<Titan> ACTION> SHRIEK'S SONIC SHEILD EXPANDS KNOCKING THE NURSE ACROSS THE ROOM AS HE AWAKENS WITH NO CLUE HOW HE GOT THERE OR WHO HE IS
<Titan> *********>INTERLUDE2 END<*********
<Titan> *********>SIM RESUME<*********
<Titan> ACTION> AFTER EVERYONE BEGRUDGINGLY GOT INTO FITZ'S LIMOS, THEY DROVE INTO THE CITY. DURING THE TRIP FITZ DETAILED THE NEW ARRANGEMENTS FOR A-NEXT (VIA COM IF YOU WERE IN THE SECOND LIMO): THEY WILL BE RESIDING IN AND OPERATING OUT OF HIS SKYSCRAPER FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. HE SIGHTED NO REASONS WHY, OR EXPLANATIONS AS TO HOW HE KNEW WHERE TO FIND US. THE LIMOS ENTER THE TOWER VIA AN UNDERGROUND ROADWAY THAT RUNS BETWEEN IT AND THE PARKING LOT DOWN THE STREET AND AROUND THE CORNER.
<Titan> SCENE> FITZ'S TOWER, GARAGE LEVEL ONE (B1)
<Titan> TIME> 9:51AM EDT
<Star> ::excitedly:: We're going to live in here?
<AmericanDream> ::glances at Star for a moment:: We dont know enought about him to really do this..
<Star> but... it's soooo nova looking! ::smiling::
<IronMan> Uh..My mom's never gonna allow this. She still thinks I'm working for Mr. Stark..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Oh my dear, I'm just a kindly old man looking to do a good deed for the community ::smiles innocently::
<AmericanDream> but it could be a trick.  I need to get in cotact with a ..::glares at Fitzsimmons:: I need to use your communications room.
<Titan> ::frowns:: Speaking of Mr. Stark..
<Fathom> ::crosses his arms looking around the place almost skeptically::
<Miasma> ::Yawns triedly.:: Right, we belivie you.
<Star> ::frowns slightly at Dream:: C'mon... how bad could it be?  Gotta have something go right for us sooner or later... right?
<AmericanDream> How many times have I heard that..
<Star> From me? ::smiles::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> But of course if you'll just follow me.. ::starts towards an elevator::
<AmericanDream> Star..come with me please? ::glances at her::
<Shard> ::follows Fitz to the elevator::
<Patriot> ::yawns::
<Miasma> ::Eyes narrowly at the elevator and follows.::
<Star> but... what if there's a pool?
<Titan> ::lingers in the garage for a momment before following the others to the elevator::
<Star> ::blinks:: okay ::follows Dream::
<AmericanDream> We'll worry about that later..::follows Fitzsimmons::
<Patriot> ::follows the others::
<Afterburn> ::smirks and walks behind Patriot::
<IronMan> ::Mutters and follows:: Guys..about Jess..Let me break the news to Mr. Stark..I sorta know him the best..
<Fathom> ::takes one glance around and then follows the others::
<Titan> ::glances at im:: I'm going with you, she left me in charge of the team so.. it's only right..
<IronMan> ::Nods, slightly::
<AmericanDream> ::glances over at Titan but refrains from commenting, then looks back at Fitzsimmons::  ((Need to run a check on this guy..and my mother's just the person to find that for me..))
<Star> ::walks with a slight skip to her step:: I think this place is nova at least...
<Titan> ACTION> EVERYONE BOARDS THE ELEVATOR WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY VERY BIG AND THE DOORS SHUT WITH A WHOOSH OF AIR
<Star> so, like how big is this place again?
<Fathom> ::coughs slightly:: ((air seems funny...but that might only be because its the city...))
<Titan> Fitsimmons> ::enters a numerical code into elevator panel:: 96 stories, plus severeral sublevels..
<Star> and a pool? ::smiles::
<Afterburn> ::smiles slightly:: Nice place..
<IronMan> ::Lets out a low whistle:: Geez..Sounds like one of Mr. Stark's places.
<Titan> ACTION> THE ELEVATOR STARTS UP AND ZOOMS DOWN A FEW FLOORS
<Miasma> 96 stories? Do we really need that many?
<Star> and when is Gobs going to show up?
<AmericanDream> ::frowns::  What's your story Fitzsimmons..?
<Star> it's like a library... get it?  Stories... library... ::smirks:: errr I'll just wonder about the pool
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Of course there's a pool, and not all of the floors will be devoted to your purposes, I do have a corporation to run after all
<Afterburn> Is this all ::hesitates:: ours?
<IronMan> Won't find any 100 story libraries, tho'..::Chuckles:: So, you guys think my Mom will buy the fact I'm sorta hired by another company?
<Shard> so how many of the floors will be ours?
<Titan> ACTION> THE ELEVATOR DOORS OPEN OUT INTO THE WAR ROOM, WHERE THERE'S A LARGE ROUND TABLE WITH THE A EMBLEM ON IT AND A LARGE SUPERCOMPUTER AS WELL AS SMALLER TERMINALS LINING THE WALLS
<Afterburn> ::eyes turn large:: Wow!!
<Star> ((He never answered my question about Gobs...))
<Star> Hmm
<Shard> ::looks around:: well well
<IronMan> ::Looks around, slightly:: Not too bad. Where are our rooms? And when will the rest of our members be joining us?
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> The residental block is at the top of the building, your friends are downstairs and Goblin.. will be rejoining you shortly..
<Star> I want a huge rotating bed... ohhh... and a really nice sound system ::smiles::
<AmericanDream> You dont seem to understand Mr Fitzsimmons..we're not operatives to be bought by you and employed. Now explain yourself.  Or I'll find out for myself.
<Star> So... think you can give Gobs a little facelift before he shows up? ::smirks::
<Star> ok ok.. I was just kidding
<IronMan> Cool. ::Runs a hand through his hair:: I hate to say it, But American Dream is right. Why should we trust you?
<Afterburn> ::Walks in and begins to look around the room slowly:: This is nice..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> You misunderstand, I never intended to hire you out as operatives. God knows I have more than I need already.. ::laughs::
<AmericanDream> Then why are you "recruiting" us?
<Fathom> ::looks at Fitz expecting a good answer::
<AmericanDream> and this is no joke.  ::gives him a sharp look::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Because sometimes even the rich need to do things for a higher purpose.. ::looks skyward::
<Star> whoa... Dream... maybe we oughta just sorta cool off first
<Patriot> Really..
<Star> See?  He's a religious fanatic... nothing to worry about ::smiles::
<AmericanDream> After your encounter with..Miss Stark..you think you'd be a bit more cautious..
<IronMan> So wait..you'll sponsor us and everything..No strings attatched?
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> You're welcome to use this computer to investigate me, I'm sure you won't find anything of interest..
<Miasma> Is having morals means you're a fanatic? What a sad place we live in today.
<Star> that... was a cheap shot..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> And no my dear, I haven't been to temple for ages now..
<Afterburn> ::goes over and touches the big view screen:: I like this..
<IronMan> ::Shoots a glance between American Dream and Star:: Lay off the kid, Dream.
<Patriot> ::shoots a glare at AD::
<AmericanDream> ::glares back:: I am looking out for her wellfare.  Because I dont like this, no offense Mr Fitzsimmons..::glances at Star:: I'm sorry Claudia.
<Star> it's all right
<Titan> ::strokes chin:: That still doesn't explain.. ::shakes head::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::glances at dream:: The computer responds to vocal commands..
<Star> like.. milkshake?
<AmericanDream> Now then..we need to take care of some personal business if you dont mind.
<Star> ::taps her foot::
<Afterburn> ::frowns and ignores the side talk while he enjoys himself with all the new equipment::
<AmericanDream> ::looks over at Star and smirks slightly::
<Star> it has some bugs... but I never did like machines a whole lot
<IronMan> Give us some time to think 'bout the offer, Fitz. We need to grieve. ::Nods at the others::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> You wish to be left alone? Alright, Boris will summon me when you need me again.. ::smiles, boards the elevator and is gone::
<AmericanDream> ::frowns and walks over to a console::  Let's see what we can dig up on this guy..and his son.
<Titan> ACTION> A MALE HUMANOID HOLOGRAM EMITTING A SOFT ORANGE GLOW APPEARS BEHIND SHARD
<Star> ::hops up on a desk:: What if he really is a good guy?
<Titan> Boris> I am Boris..
<Fathom> I think you should get an impartial source for information on this benefactor of us...his system might be a bit on his side of the story
<AmericanDream> ::sends a lil communication thing to SHIELD:: We'll know soon enough.
<Star> and we have to make sure the others get back
<Shard> ::turns around looking at Boris:: oh so you are Boris
<Titan> Boris> ::watches each person closely and suspiciously::
<AmericanDream> ::sighs and pulls her mask down::
<Star> ::pulls her mask off:: I need to get out of this costume... I've been in it for like forever now... and it's all ruined anyways
<Titan> ACTION> THE INFORMATION ON FITZSIMMONS COMES BACK STRAIGHT FROM THE DESK OF SHARON CARTER, HE'S TOTALLLY CLEAN AND HIS WORST QUALITY IS HE MAY GIVE TO MUCH MONEY AWAY
<AmericanDream> ::waits patiently::
<Fathom> ::looks over at Boris:: where can I get a glass of water?
<AmericanDream> ::frowns and looks over the file::  Well..it looks like he's clean as far as his history..let's see what his business is about..::types in some commands::
<IronMan> I'll contact Iron Man, later, about the proposal. ::Looks around suspiciously::
<Titan> Boris> Water? ::rolls eyes: Right.. ::disappears::
<Star> good ::smiles:: I think things should be looking up for now on
<Fathom> ::blinks:: is it me or does Boris not like us?
<Star> and I need to get some new clothes... maybe he can help get me some more uniforms ::smiles::
<IronMan> Boris has got an attitude prob, for a hologram. ::Crosses his arms::
<Titan> ACTION> THE ELEVTAOR COMES DOWN AND A PERSON IN A CHEF'S UNIFORM STEPS OUT WITH A PITCHER OF ICE WATER AND GLASSES FOR EVERYONE ON A TRAY
<Titan> Pierre> Bonjour, bonjour! ::is overly cheery and smiles ear to ear::
<Star> nova ::smiles and takes a glass:: don't worry... don't think it's poisoned ::sips it::
<IronMan> ::Takes a glass:: Uh, I take it your the chef?
<Patriot> ::takes a glass::
<Fathom> ::pours himself a glass:: many thanks
<AmericanDream> you should have asked for your milkshake Claudia::smirks::
<Shard> ::takes a glass:: bojour
<Titan> ACTION> A COMPANY PROFILE OF FITZSIMMONS INTERNATIONAL COMES BACK, IT'S A ROBOTICS FIRM WITH OFFICES WORLDWIDE, THE TOWER IS THE HOME OFFICE
<Titan> Pierre> ::smiles and nods::
<Fathom> ::takes a sip of water testing it for impurities::
<AmericanDream> very intersting..this could actually prove rather good for us..
<Shard> ::pours himself a glass of water::
<Titan> ACTION> THE WATER'S ONE IMPURITY IS THE HINT OF LEMON JUICE FROM THE SLICES FLOATING IN THE PITCHER
<IronMan> I think the guy's sincere, myself.
<Miasma> ::Sighs and leans on a wall.:: So, what should we do know. Wait for the baddies to pop out of the wood work?
<Star> ::frowns:: robots..
<Star> great
<Fathom> not bad... ::takes another drink and walks over to American Dream::
<Afterburn> ::blinks at the hologram:: Boris? Woah! ::smiles evilly::
<AmericanDream> ::glances up at Fathom::
<Shard> ::takes a drink::
<Fathom> so do you think we can trust him?
<Fathom> ::gulps the rest of his water::
<Titan> ::frowns and folds arms over chest::
<Patriot> ::takes a drink, going over a few things in his head::
<Miasma> Look, the guy is a bit... odd... but he's... ::makes a slight face.:: Friendly... too friendly which could be good or bad....
<AmericanDream> his records and all are clear..however, he could have hired someone to change that information..but we'll have to trust him..let's find out about his son though..I figured he's a mutant..::types in a few more commands::
<Star> ::raises an eyebrow:: Were you raised to be such a... a... cynic?  That's the right word, isn't it? ::smirks::
<Fathom> we can always play his game for now...and just keep out eyes out for anything suspicous. Maybe we're being a bit too cautious and should be really just cutting the guy some slack?
<Titan> ACTION> THE FILES ON KEL COME BACK CLEAN AS WELL, SUSPICIOUSLY SO
<AmericanDream> I was raised to be cautious Claudia..SHIELD agents have to know their "hosts".
<Afterburn> ::looks around for where the hologram went:: Um, hello? How do you activate Boris?
<AmericanDream> now that's odd.::flips through the files::
<IronMan> Yeah. ::Takes a sip of the water:: I trusted Mr. Stark, and look where it got me.
<Star> well... I was raised to crave a milkshake... and then there's no Goblin to make fun of right now
<AmericanDream> I wonder about him as well..
<Shard> well ask Boris for a milk shake
<Star> I don't want to... he's sorta... creepy
<Titan> ACTION> BORIS DOES NOT RESPOND REGARDLESS
<Afterburn> Boris!! Come here boris!
<AmericanDream> Boris isnt a very happy person..::laughs to herself::
<Star> No wait... it's okay
<Fathom> Maybe he did his one good deed for the day? ::smirks::
<Miasma> Boris? I think he's rather funny.
<Star> I can go a day without a milkshake.. honest
<IronMan> You got that right, kid. For a hologram, he's downright hostile.
<Afterburn> ::yells:: Boris I command you to Come out, and talk to me, ::snickers::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::emerges from the elevator:: So, have you made a decision?
<Shard> well mabey i can change that ::goes to a computer and tries to get into Boris' hologram system::
<Star> ::jumps off the desk:: After we know Goblin is all right
<IronMan> ::Glances at the others:: What do you say, guys? I'm up for it.
<AmericanDream> ::nods in agreement with Star::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::glances at shard:: I wouldn't--
<Miasma> Yeah, yeah.
<Star> ::blinks:: Just because I miss picking on the green pervert... that's all
<Titan> ACTION> SHARD GETS A MILD SHOCK
<Miasma> Of course you miss 'picking' on him.
<Shard> ::gets up quickley::
<Afterburn> ::smirks:: BORIS!
<Miasma> Who designed this hologram? I'd like to meet him. Or her.
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Boris is.. handling something right now..
<Star> ::groans:: I'm going clothes shopping... err...sorta need some money
<Miasma> What is this something? ::Eyes narrows at the sound of his hestation.::
<Fathom> Can we see our friend Goblin?
<AmericanDream> ::glances at Star:: After we see Goblin, I'll take you
<Star> okay
<AmericanDream> We need some..quality time together::smiles::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> ::sighs:: Your friend Goblin didn't take kindly to my attempts at repairing his uniform.. ::frowns::
<Star> ::smiles::  I like that idea
<Patriot> ::shakes his head slightly::
<AmericanDream> well..we want to see him.
<Fathom> regaurdless
<Titan> ACTION> GOBLIN, SANS MASK, FALLS OUT OF THE AIR DUCTS LANDING ON TOP OF PATRIOT
<AmericanDream> ::looks up, jaw dropped::
<Star> ::blinks:: is that... him?
<Star> ::looks at him:: Is he..?
<AmericanDream> Goblin..are you ok?  ::steps forward to help him up::
<Shard> ::looks at goblin:: you ok?
<Fathom> ::walks over and pours a glass of water walking back to offer it to Goblin::
<IronMan> ::Moves towards Gobs:: Hey, you alright, man?
<Goblin> ::comes out of his trance, grabbing the hood of his cape and pulling it down to hide his face:: Get away from me!! ::jumps back, edging away from teh others::
<Star> ::blinks:: Errr, Greenie... it's us?
<Patriot> ::picks himself up, and blinks::
<AmericanDream> ::frowns and jerks her hand back, then looks to Fitzsimmons:: What did you do to him?
<Fathom> ::steps backwards trying to keep the water from spilling::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> He shouldn't be here, he's not altogether.. sane.. in this state..
<Star> Not that missing your mask makes a big improvement or anything ::grins::
<Star> ...sane?
<Star> Of course not... ::walks towards him:: it's just same old Gobs minus the ugly mask
<Goblin> ::looks around, then makes a sprint across the room, jumping and running acroos the table towards the elevator::
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> I didn't do anything to him.. He was terribly disturbed before my service droids removed his mask..
<Shard> ::blocks goblin from going into the elevator::
<Afterburn> ::smiles and sits in the war room intently waiting for boris::
<Star> So give him his mask back
<Star> ::races after him::
<AmericanDream> Listen..isnt there some way you could have..fixed him without doing that?  the man wanted his privacy..
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> We have to catch him first
<Star> I can get him!
<Goblin> ::starts laughing hysterically, grabbing a razorbat and slashing at Shard:: Outta the way!! ::tries to get into the elevator::
<Patriot> ::flies after Gobs::
<AmericanDream> ::frowns and aims a disc at Gobs's legs
<Fathom> ::sets the glass on a near by table and flies into the air::
<IronMan> I thought it was just a mask..how could it make him like that? ::Frowns::
<Star> Gobs... gotta get off the hyper-drugs ::tries to tackle him into the elevator::
<Titan> ACTION> SHARD'S ARM IS SLASHED AS GOBLIN DISAPPEARS INTO THE ELEVATOR CLOSES BEHIND HIM
<Shard> ::grabs his arm:: ow
<Titan> *********>SIM END<*********
<Titan> *********>EPILOGUE<*********
<Titan> TIME> 9:46PM EDT
<Titan> SCENE> THE PRIVATE OFFICE NATHANIEL FITZSIMMONS, LOCATED ON THE TOP FLOOR (96th) OF HIS SKYSCRAPER, NEW YORK, NY. IT'S DARKENED AND THE OFFICE'S LONE OCCUPANT IS VIEWING FOOTAGE OF A-NEXT, BOTH IN ACTION AND IN THEIR CIVILIAN IDENTITIES, ON THE WALL OF MONITORS BEFORE HIM. THE TAPES PAUSE ON THREE SPECIFIC IMAGES.
<Fathom> ::lands before the elevator:: how do we stop this thing?
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Are you certain they're the ones?
<Titan> ACTION> A SECOND FIGURE LITERALLY STEPS OUT OF THE SHADOWS BEHIND FITZSIMMONS WITH HARDLY A SOUND, HIS LONG BLACK CLOAK TRAILS BEHIND HIM OMINOUSLY.
<Titan> Cloak> Have I ever been wrong in as many years as I've known you?
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Good point.
<Titan> Cloak> You know what has to be done.
<Titan> ACTION> AS QUICKLY AS HE APPEARED, CLOAK IS GONE. THE ROOM PLUNGES INTO DARKNESS AS THE MONITORS CUT OFF, LEAVING FITZSIMMONS ALONE TO PLOT HIS NEXT MOVE.
<Titan> Fitzsimmons> Yes, unfortunately I do.
<Titan> *********>EPILOGUE END<*********
<Titan> NEXT: The Mistress of Magnetism.
  1